Make a peeling a couple of times a week is something more routine and apparently should be simple. Still, there are some details that not everyone knows, not to mention the false myths about exfoliating!
Make a peeling a couple of times a week is something more routine and apparently should be simple. Still, there are some details that not everyone knows, not to mention the false myths about exfoliating ! We give you the keys to deep cleanse your skin in a healthy safe and effective.
What you should know the peel:
- If you have normal or oily skin, you can realize yourself a peeling up to three times a week. On the contrary, if you have dry or sensitive, you should not overdo two weekly peels.
- See your dermatologist or your consultant cosmetic peeling what is best for you, whether mechanical (wash away dirt with pellets) or enzymatic (the process is chemical). There are people that mechanics will become very aggressive, especially sensitive, and vice versa. Trial and error!
- The peels not only help cleanse the skin deep, but are an excellent partner for the products you apply and then do more effect because better penetrate the skin clean.
- We suggest you do the peelings in the evening or, if you do it in the morning, do not forget the sunscreen to protect.
- Be very careful with the area around the eyes and lips, do not apply the product there. On the contrary, do not forget the neck and chest, you should treat them like the skin of the face.
- The peeling is a must before applying self-tanners because they will help the product is more uniform and natural.
Things not to do:
- Not many peels make your skin look better. In fact, can sensitize and weaken. Follow the product instructions to the letter, and if you put it to implement two or three times a week, stick to that frequency.
- Do not take the sun immediately after peeling.
- Do not forget to apply a moisturizer after exfoliation to help us nourish the skin and close pores.
- Beware of mechanical exfoliants: extend it gently on the face with middle and ring fingers, without pressure. If you use too much force could cause micro-injuries to the skin .
- Do not get a peel the day before an important event because it can have small adverse effects such as redness or irritation.
False myths about exfoliating:
- The most common is that makes your tan away. False! It works on a superficial level, in fact, what is a cleaning occurs a few hours reveals a brighter and more uniform color.
- It is better to peel which has a granular texture: absolutely untrue. At ion of the chemical reaction produces a ‘corrosive’, ie it removes smooth, controlled layers of dead cells and impurities. They are usually made with glycolic acid or salicylic COGIC, among others, which can become much more efficient than drag products.
- The exfoliating dry skin. Lie! Currently formulated with creamy texture and moisturizing , but it is essential immediately after you apply it properly hydrate the skin.
- The dry skin does not need peeling. Since when?! The peeling is not the exclusive territory of oily skin and pimples, or serve only to purify the excess sebum. On the contrary, they also serve to return the shine to the skin and leave with a radiant look, something that cries out for dry skin.