The Australian Institute of Fashion Design has a Fashion Illustration and Portfolio Development course to help you realize your dream. It is designed to improve your fashion drawing and illustration skills, using various rendering mediums (graphite, char cal, paint, etc.). Students will also learn how to professionally layout a portfolio, using techniques to enhance the design’s impact, communicate a design theme or story and create a flow through.
The following is a list of some of the topics that will be covered in this short course:
* Creating Fashion Stories
* Colour Schemes
* Using fashion figure templates/croqui
* Understanding the fashion figure proportions
* Using Various Rendering Techniques and Materials
* Mixed Media Techniques to Create Visually Stunning Presentations
* Using Watercolor Pencils, Gouache and Watercolor Paints, Pantone Marker Pens, Graphite and More
* Creating Different Illustration Styles
* Shading Garments on the Body
* Rendering Fabrics
* Portfolio Layout and Presentation
Your successful career as a fashion designer awaits you!